- Size: 210 (L) mm x 70 (W) mm x 15 (H) mm
- Stone Grit: 1000 (factory sealed)
- Model: Professional / Traditional Series (Ha-No-Kuromaku)
- Comes with plastic case – the case itself can be used as a stone holder!
- From: Japan
- Stone Type: Synthetic
- Use with water (when finished, dry completely before storing) – No pre-soaking necessary, just wet and go!
- Do not soak before use (or store in water) and do not sun dry
- Like all whetstones, this will need periodic lapping. Please read this product overview before ordering > Shapton stones
This 1000 stone grit will put a very good utility working sharp edge on a blade suitable for most general duties (will help keep your kitchen or pocket knives in good working order). Overtime you may decide to go up to finer grit stones for a finer finish (2000+), depending on your needs. For best results (on any stone) a regular sharpening routine is best.
If you own a coticule natural stone, you can use this 1000 and then move onto the coticule.
If your blade has chips or you wish to re-set the bevel, a lower/course grit maybe better suited for the initial stage: 320 Grit Water Stone